Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Microsoft Linux Labs and according to them BSD is a Linux Distro!!

Well unthinkables are happening all over, at Microsoft. The site is port25, the port most of the spam pass through. May be it was the intension, pass as much as spam on Foss as meat is digested by Microsoft engineers and the others.
There is a discussion going on with the title;
Who would have guessed?
I liked this one best!;
I fail to understand how Microsoft can help the Open Source community more than it (OSS) can help itself. Most Open Source Projects have forums, wikis, irc channels and mailing lists to help their users out. Who else is better to ask for help than ones who created the software?

Elsewhere on the site a comment that made me laugh!

re: A Look Inside Microsoft's Open Source Software Lab (Part 1)
Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:46 AM by Ricardo Banffy
Hi guys. I think it is important for you to know that BSD is not a Linux distro.
Please, fix it before the *BSD guys become aggressive, as they usually du when you call their OS "a kind of Linux".

Anyway I think it is an interesting development. If Microsoft is studying 50 Linux distros, I am sure they must feel they are important.
Or a gimmick to show EU that it is working with OSS.
So keep the PORT25 open and have pretty good spamgaurd ready!
My own single sentence comment;
I don't think EU will count this step as Microsoft being OPEN!! It is here.

No comments: