Monday, December 17, 2018

CenturyLink, An ISP In Utah, Blocking Customers' Internet And Displaying An Ad, Saying Utah Legislators Requested So.


Rich Snap , a software engineer living in Utah, USA, is informing us that CenturyLink, an ISP in Utah who provides his Internet connection interjecting sales pitches in the the broadband connection.
"A few days ago while watching TV through my FireTV the stream unexpectedly went black. After trying to debug the issue for a bit with no success I went to my computer, which was still connected to my ISP, but was also experiencing a strange lack of internet. Eventually I turned to a Google search on my phone only to be immediately greeted with an official looking notice."
It seems CenturyLink is using a forceful, perhaps an unethical method to to comply with the provisions in S.B. 134. 
...read more here

 

No comments: